Last updated: March 6, 2020
This page is designed to provide District 114 parents, students, and staff, the latest information regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19 in our area. Please be aware that we will update this page regularly with the most current information as we receive it from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Lake County Health Department.
Below are the communications that have been sent out to District 114 parents and guardians. We will continue to add any additional communications relating to the Coronavirus COVID-19.
- February 26, 2020 - Prevention, Symptoms, Planning & Preparation
- D114 Friday Facts
Is it safe to come to school?
All health agencies have reported that people should "go about their lives", including going to school. If any conditions change such that this is no longer true, we will IMMEDIATELY notify all District 114 parents and staff, along with our community partners.
Is the school district helping ensure our kids wash their hands often?
We have posted hand washing reminder posters. Students may also ask their teacher to go to the bathroom to wash their hands. We are also wiping down all handrails, doorknobs, and public tables at least daily.
What You Can Do for Your Family Members
Since flu and respiratory disease season is still underway, the CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine, taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals if prescribed. Here are some keys to remember:
- Continue to practice effective hand washing techniques
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home at the first sign of any symptoms of illness
- Contact your physician if you have question/concerns regarding your personal health history and implications of Coronavirus COVID-19
- Remain calm and reassuring